There are more than 29 churches in the city of Serena to visit. Much of these are located in the old town.
San Francisco's Church
At Calle Balmaceda # 640, corner Eduardo de la Barra. It was built between 1585 and 1627, Italian Renaissance style, the first stone church of La Serena. It is one of the most important works of colonial times for its antiquity and architectural quality. Declared National Monument on December 14, 1977.
San Agustin Church
Located Cantournet # 402, Cienfuegos corner, next to the Recova. Built in 1755, originally it belonged to the Jesuits until the religious order was expelled from the country. It was restored in 1944 for the 400th anniversary of the city.
Located on Calle Justo Donoso Street Cantournet. Neo-classical architectural ensemble built in brick and adobe in the 1890s, and its stained glass and marble altars are original since its construction. Declared National Monument in 1981.
At Calle Los Carreras Cordovez corner in Plaza de Armas. Final construction dates from the year 1841 by the French architect Juan Herbage. The structure is carved limestone walls of Penuelas in blocks and lime mortar; without edging stone foundations. Inside there are beautiful stained glass windows with religious images. There is also the Crypt of Archbishops, Bishops where he has had the city are buried. Declared National Monument on February 12, 1981.